Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Task to Tackle Tuesday 3: Office Overflow

T2TT:  Office Overflow
Location:  Basement
Time:  50 minutes (so far)


I knew when Q was born the day would eventually come when I would need to give up my office.  Frankly, with both sets of parents living out of town and wanting to come visit and babysit for free, I WANT to give up my office as a guest bedroom.  We made this move over the summer.  Along with losing the room, I also lost a bookshelf which we moved to Q's room for toy storage.  While I was able to house a majority of the office items in their previous home, I did have a slew of leftover items that needed new homes.  And so this brings me to today's T2TT.

I started with my regular process of sorting and purging.  But the process took me a bit longer than I estimated it would.  Actually a lot longer.  My goal was to completely clear the table and what was underneath.  But as you can see from the "After-ish" photo, that did not happen.  Probably due to a combination of needing more storage space and a child with a shortened nap.

This inability to complete the task brings up a great point that I stress to my organizing clients.  It's OK if you don't completely finish a task your first time out.  Is it ideal? Of course.  Is it always possible? No.  And as you can see from the picture, I am a little better off than I was before.  I have a good idea of how long I need to finish the remaining task (about another 50 minutes).  Some organized is better than none organized.  Right?

If you want to jump on the Task to Tackle Tuesday bandwagon, visit The Organized Mama on Facebook or tweet your before and after shots using #T2TT.

No comments:

Post a Comment