Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Daddy Action Plan Part 2: Schedule

I used to make fun of my mom saying my youngest brother's bad behavior was due to the fact that he was "off his schedule."  I am now learning the delicate art of child scheduling.  I feel like I have spent the last 12 weeks carefully crafting a schedule to meet my little guy's needs and make him the happiest he can be.  I have this fear with returning to work that Daddy may throw a monkey wrench in my happy little system.  Not because he is malicious or he doesn't trust my motherly instincts, he just may try to push the limits between naps or feedings just because he hasn't spent as much time learning the ins and outs of baby life like I have.  Right now our schedule looks something like this:

  1. 8:30am Wake Up
  2. 10-11am-ish Feed/Nap
  3. 1-3pm-ish Feed/Nap
  4. 4:30-5pm-ish Feed/Nap
  5. 7:30pm Bedtime
When I put it down in writing, it seems so silly to worry about.  It's not hard and frankly it's really not the end of the world if it doesn't work exactly the way I would like.  After all, I love that Dad is going to be involved in my little guys regular day to day care on a regular basis.  Ha!  I wrote it but will I actually take my own advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment