Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Back to Work Breastfeeding Bag

My lovely maternity leave came to an end yesterday.  The evening before I realized I had a whole new bag of goodies to lug with me back and forth on work days:  my breast pump and its accessories.  As I was packing up my bag I thought it may be a good list to include for any new moms returning to work or moms needing to take their breast pumping on the road.  Here is a list of items that I included in my bag:

  1. Pump, Cones and Pump Bottles
  2. Freezer Bags for Pumped Milk
  3. Small Cold Bag with a Cold Pack for Pumped Milk
  4. 2 Sharpies to Label & Date Freezer Bags
  5. A Picture of My Little Guy (in case I had trouble focusing)
  6. A Small Snack for Each Time I Intended to Pump
  7. Water Bottles
This list may serve a springboard for your bag.  You may prefer to store your milk in bottles with caps instead of freezer bags.  You may want to include a magazine or your Kindle to read to help you relax.  It's your bag, go crazy! :)  Just remember to pack it the night before.  Oh, and remember to take it with you.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely don't look forward to going back to work after maternity leave once it gets here. Thanks for sharing this. :)

    New follower from MBC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Sean Marie! Best of luck with the transition. The smiles when you return home are amazing!

    ReplyDelete